Creative Approaches is a leading provider of eLearning and performance solutions for small to medium-sized businesses and enterprises around the world.
Creative Approaches provides custom, high-quality, learning solutions to organizations looking for a custom product to improve their training needs. Training is developed online or in print. Content is taken from existing company materials or developed with a subject matter expert.
Creative Approaches, Inc. was founded in 1983 by Mr. Travis Piper with the philosophy of creating and delivering high-quality, self-paced training and eLearning solutions.
Creative Approaches, Inc. was acquired by IC9design, Inc. on October 1, 2010 and became a division of IC9design, renamed Creative Approaches.
The acquisition brought together a leader in eLearning and an up-and-coming website development company with roots in eLearning.
Our office is located at 55 State Street, Bloomfield, NY, USA.
- 1981 IBM introduces the Personal Computer (PC).
- 1983 Creative Approaches, Inc is founded as the World's first custom Computer-Based Training (CBT/e-Learning) development company.
- 1983 CAI develops the firm's first PC DOS-based CBT program for a Fortune 500 client.
- 1983-1997 CAI develops mainframe-based CBT for over twenty Fortune 500 clients.
- 1985 Our first authoring tool, Creative Course Writer (CCW), is released. The program automatically converted Word Processor-created files into mainframe-executable CBT and realistic mainframe application simulations.
- 1993-1998 CAI develops OS/2-based CBT for IBM and IBM clients.
- 1993 CAI announces CCW for OS/2 which lets users create extremely realistic training simulations of OS/2 and mainframe-based applications in the OS/2 environment.
- 1995 CAI develops the firm's first Windows-based CBT for a Fortune 500 client.
- 1995 CAI launches its own in-house developed Web Site (Network Solutions was launched in 1998, GoDaddy in 1999).
- 1995 In Seybold's 1995 CBT Report, the highest ranking for low development time went to Creative Course Writer (CCW). We've worked hard to make it easy.
- 1996 Our first animated, narrated product was successfully launched on the Internet.
- 1998 CAI develops Web-based training for a client.
- 1999 We release Creative Course Writer (CCW) for Windows and immediately used it to convert over 30 hours of OS/2-based CBT to Windows-executable format.
- 2000 CAI develops first e-Business/e-Commerce application for a client.
- 2001 CAI develops WBT for class registration system for incoming college freshmen.
- 2002 Major development/rebranding project for Fortune 500 financial services client.
- 2003 Major WBT project for a major utility company.
- 2004 Created a custom e-commerce engine supporting multiple online stores.
- 2005 Developed an emergency preparedness system.
- 2006 Salvaged a "lost" 500+ page website for a manufacturing firm.
- 2007 Translated a major manufacturing firm's web site into Chinese, Japanese, German, Spanish and Russian.
- 2008 Helped client convert CD-ROM-based CBT to web-executable format.
- 2009 Created a library of downloadable MP3 files for Association Members to download for certification training.
- 2010 Creative Approaches, Inc. acquired by IC9design, Inc.
- 2012/2013 Something really big is coming. :)