Tests and quizzes can be a true assessment of how well
your training materials perform.
Are your employees or students passing based on their knowledge
or by just clicking "All the above"?
e-Testing not only helps with the delivery of tests (presenting questions
to be answered), but it helps with the administration of the test (scores
are automatically calculated), the reporting of results (authorized personnel can
see results within seconds of completion), and analysis of test performance
(evaluators can see which questions are working and which are causing confusion).
Here at CAI, we have been developing e-testing content and e-testing tools for thirty years.
What is the best way to create and use an eTest?
- Scattered questions throughout the course reinforce retention of learned material.
- A quiz should continue the learning process, not trick the student into
picking the wrong answer.
- Quizzes can be taken as practice, or self tests, to improve skills at any time.
- A mix of question types makes the student think before choosing an answer.
- Interactive questions (sorting, matching, numerical order, etc.) are
much better then multiple choice.
- The word "quiz" makes people shrink. Nobody likes to take a quiz -
so it's very important to use quizzes appropriately in all courses.
On CD or Online
Deliver a prepatory quiz on CD or online.
- Creative Approaches can put the quizzes we create on your behalf onto CD's or pay-to-play online.
- Mail CD's to multiple locations or sell them.
- Prep quizzes are great for handing out after a classroom training session, a lecture, or as part of a conference track.
- This is a great option for students or employees to practice during down time or on their own in order to prepare for a final test, event, or other occasion that requires lead time in learning.
Quizzes should be challenging, but ensure they do not trick the student into picking the wrong answer.
Do you need to test individuals periodically so they can:
- Perform more effectively in their jobs?
- Accept more responsibility?
- Qualify for pay incentives?
Do you need to test individuals on their knowledge of a new product, service, or procedure?
Or, do you need to create an online survey to gauge:
- Reaction to a new product?
- Employee satisfaction?
- Opinions of an existing product?
An e-Testing Scenario
Imagine creating a bank of perhaps 1,000 questions in 10 different categories. The individual signs on to a program via their Internet or Intranet and takes a randomized selection of perhaps 50 questions consisting of predetermined quantities of questions from each of the identified categories. During presentation, not only the individual questions but even the question's possible answers are randomized. After the individual answers the questions, their score, by category, is calculated and presented to them.
If they pass, immediate action can be taken, ranging from printing a Certificate of Qualification to automatically updating their personnel file. If they do not pass, they are automatically scheduled to re-take the test and/or given additional assignments.
As the administrator, not only can you access individual student records, you can also perform extensive analyses of each of the 1,000 questions in the bank to see how it is performing. All student data is captured in a database format so can be easily manipulated and interrogated using familiar tools. For additional information, please give us a call.
Let us work with you to accomplish the following:
- Convert existing questions to readily available online question banks
Test individuals at remote sites via the Internet or Intranet
- Many different question types supported
- Questions can be grouped by category
- Varying point values can be assigned to individual question components
Gather performance data about each individual and post it to existing training databases
- Present randomly selected questions from a question bank
- Provide a predetermined number of questions from each category
- Randomize the presentation of questions and the answer selections
within the questions
- Provide feedback ranging from nothing at all to response-specific playing of a media clip or directing the individual to a specific URL
- Provide instantaneous grading and reporting of results
- Supports Access and SQL databases. Data can easily be extracted and used in databases, spreadsheets, or word processors
- Standard formats available
- Custom formats can be developed
- Can report on individuals, groups of individuals, and individual questions
Interested in Certification?
- Create a bank of desired questions
- Conduct certification testing via the Internet or Intranet
Gather data about responses and analyze it with powerful database tools
Provide itemized reports
Ensure that personnel are at the desired "state of readiness" at all times
- Provide a predetermined number of randomly selected questions from the question bank with answer selections randomized within the questions